This postcard shows the miniature railroad at Forest Park in Genoa, Ohio. The popular amusement park was located on Route 102-Hickory Corners (now Route 51). Forest Park was opened in the early 1920s by Carl Uthoff and was the Cedar Point of its day. The park housed 40 acres, including a skating rink, dance hall, roller coasters, 25 resort cottages, restaurants, movie theater, circus acts, and carnival games. It closed in 1949 as the war drew patrons away and the park became part of an unsuccessful attempt at a gambling venue. The dance hall was the site of local auctions until 1967, when it burned down.
Online access is provided for research purposes only. For rights and reproduction requests,or to see the item or full collection in its original (non-digital) format, please contact the Harris-Elmore Public Library; 328 Toledo Street; Elmore, Ohio; 43416; (419)862-2482.