The Delaware Daily Journal-Herald collection includes 1916-1918.
The Delaware Daily Journal-Herald newspaper was formed by the merger of two papers and was published between March 21, 1902 and March 30, 1929. The Delaware Herald (1866-1902), which appeared as a weekly, a semi-weekly and a daily paper, had several titles, including the Delaware Democratic Herald. The second paper in the merger was Delaware Journal, which previously had also been called the Delaware Chronicle. Like many newspapers of the time, the Journal-Herald published local, state and national news, covering topics from sports to culture to politics, as well as items of a more general interest such as agriculture, religion, architecture and other topics. The Delaware County Historical Society digital newspaper project is to provide digital access to newspapers 100 years after publication. The only existing copy of Delaware newspapers for 1916-1929 is the Delaware Journal-Herald. This project was funded in part by a grant from the Delaware County Commissioners. To learn more about digitizing Delaware newspapers or to help raise funds for the digitization of more years, contact the Delaware County Historical Society 740-369-3831, ext. 2.
Incorporated in 1947, the Delaware County Historical Society opened the Nash House Museum at 157 E. William Street in 1954. In 1971 the Research Library was added to the site, which was renamed the Cryder Historical Center in 2011. In 2016, the Society will open Meeker Homestead Museum, located at 2690 Stratford Road. At the same location, the historic Barn at Stratford is open as an event venue. The website has additional information: www.DelawareOhioHistory.org.