The Findlay-Hancock County Public Library has served the residents of Findlay and Hancock County since January 27, 1890, when the library opened its doors to the public in the basement of the Hancock Courthouse.
Since 1935 the library has resided at its current location on Broadway in downtown Findlay. A major reconstruction project completed in 1991 added substantial new collection space and remains the current configuration of the library. County residents are also served at the Arlington Branch Library and by the bookmobile, which makes weekly visits to eight villages in the county.
The Library is currently working to digitize the oldest editions of the county yearbook collection, some of which date to the early 1920's.