Ohio Historical Society Archaeology
OHIO HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Ohio Historical Society Archaeology Photograph Collection
( Date Span)
OVERVIEW OF THE COLLECTION
Number: AV 17 ( formerly P 396)
Title: Ohio Historical Society Archaeology
Media: 5 x 7” Black and white photographs
Quantity: 1.98 cubic feet, 6 boxes
Location: AV Cage 3/ 5/ 4/ G
HISTORICAL SKETCH OF THE COLLECTION
Represented in this collection are various Ohio Historical Society archaeological sites.
This includes general views, excavations and artifacts.
The Adena Mound, in Ross County, was thoroughly excavated in the summer of 1901.
Thirty- three skeletons were removed from the site.
Squier and Davies first described Baum Village, in Ross County, in 1846. In 1890 the
Eureau of Ethnology sent a field part under the direction of Mr. Middleton.
Campbell Island Village is located on Campbell Island in the Miami River. It was
excavated by Dr. H. L. Hood in the summer of 1921.
Carriage Factory Mound
Feurt Village Site
This item is a finding aid or inventory to an Ohio Historical Society collection or series. Finding aids are descriptive access tools that provide more complete information about a collection than you will find in the online catalog record. For more information on the collection and to view its contents, contact the Ohio Historical Society.